I took Jack for a little walk around the neighborhood after dinner tonight to look at the Christmas lights.
As we walked around the corner, he stopped and stared straight up.
"Yook at all dose yights in the ky!" he said, amazed.
I looked up.
It was a clear night, the sky full of stars.
Then it hit me: he had never seen the stars before. We don't usually take walks in the dark, and even if we did an after-dinner walk in the warmer weather, it's still light outside. I loved seeing him see them for the first time. He turned all around with his head back, taking it all in.
After a few seconds, he started walking again.
"We're walking!" he said.
"Yup, we're walking, buddy."
"We're walking....toGEther!" he clarified.
"I like walking together with you, Jack."
"Yup," he said.
Those 15 minutes just made my week.
3 comments:
Ahhhh -- I can see why!
A moment to remember forever!
Thats so cute. I can't believe he talks in full sentences. Ryan would say "Light, Sky....see?" We're still putting words together.
I think sometime next week, were gonna get some hot chocolate and chocolate milk for Ryan and drive around at night to look at the lights. Ryan loves them.
ah... cheatin on Aunt Devon.
I see how it is, Jack.
j/k I know mom trumps me.
not gonna lie, I got a little vaclemped reading that, Eileen.
Post a Comment