Saturday, August 2, 2008

And the winner is...

Ok, so it's not Monday, but I have a little bit of time in between cleaning like a madwoman for my parents' stay, Patrick's taking the boys to the park, and packing some of my own things to stay at their house tonight (we're doing a house swap - how's that for fabulous and free?) to post this news.

The winner is...no one!

Not one person posted every time in July!

Geez - I can't give this stuff away.

Holly had the most posts with 11 out of the 12, but that was only counting her extra credit post, which I didn't count in the 12, if that makes sense.

Oh well. Was the contest a bad idea? Did I post too often to keep up?

I tried not to do every day, and to allow comments after the day of the post, but I do understand that people have a lot going on.

So maybe we'll do another contest in the fall...what do you think?

In the meantime, here's the scoop on the weekend:

PJ was up three times before it was even midnight last night, with a total of 5 or 6 (I lost count) for the night. Just brutal, people! It's got to be a combination of teething and his cradle cap itching like mad because he always scratches big gashes in his scalp. I know that if I had a wicked itch, I wouldn't be able to sleep well either. Anyone who has suggestions on how to make the itching stop, please (PLEASE) let me know! Baby oil? Does that work?

So Patrick and I are getting out of Dodge as soon as my parents arrive today - at around 4:30 or so - going to their house, and doing ...are are you ready?...NOTHING. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

We are both like walking zombies. I'm slightly better than I was when Jack was this age - and Patrick is slightly worse, mainly because I'm having him help me after the 3rd or 4th wakeup of the night - but we're both just completely exhausted.

Autumn's idea of a movie marathon and Chinese takeout is just what the doctor ordered. In fact, Patrick and I were the two people who voted for staying in and watching movies, so how's that for a concensus?

My parents even have a flat screen TV with a DVD player in their bedroom (hooray!), so we don't even have to get out of bed, except to change the disc.

And if we feel up to it, we may walk down to the neighborhood pool to take a dip.

Does that not sound like an absolute dream weekend for a pair of sleep-deprived zombies?

Yes, it does! Er...or no, it doesn't not.

Why did I have to word that question so weirdly?

Okay then, it's back to work so that we can rest.

Enjoy the weekend!

4 comments:

Leighann said...

WOW! Have an awesome weekend. I bet you will be cherishing every second you have alone with Patrick.

On the cradle cap. Ryan had it, and I tried a ton of stuff. Gentle Naturals stinks badly, baby oil makes their hair really greasy and slimey. The only thing that worked pretty well was head and shoulders shampoo. And giving his head a good scrub in the bath. We also combed in like a lotion when his hair dried.
Good luck with that and enjoy the peace, quiet and sleep!!!

Autumn said...

When Ben had cradle cap I would wash his hair (okay, his head) with super mild baby soap and brush it really well with a soft baby brush. After a few days that seemed to work. The baby oil works too, but it's so messy.

I hope you and Patrick have a wonderful time today!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fabulous day to yourselves!