Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bugs, bugs, go away!

It's like an infirmary around here these days.

Jack and I have both had some kind of stomach bug that has left us keeping buckets handy and eating the BRAT diet. It's so sad to see your baby sick, but he is such a sweet boy that he can be vomiting one second and smiling the next. We've watched a lot of Thomas, The Wonder Pets, and Blue's Clues (Jack asks for this by saying "Boo" and opening and closing his hands like Steve does when he sings the song). He's extra cuddly and has been giving lots of spontaneous kisses and hugs. He likes to say "Awww" while he gives a hug - it's the cutest thing. I'm praying that for his part, he's over the worst of it and will start getting his appetite back.

For myself, I thought I was over this bug when I had it a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it came back in full force. I'm 9 days away from my due date, and as if there were a "good" time to get a stomach bug, I have to say that this feels like the absolute worst possible time to be hunched over a toilet!

Please say some prayers that we're all feeling better soon - and that Patrick doesn't get sick at all - so that we can be rested and ready to welcome Baby T into the world!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hmmm, no fun being sick! I guess it at least gives you something to write about -- I have NOTHING! Boring around here. I hope you guys feel better soon! Hmm, I would say let's get together, but we will be avoiding your house like the plague!