Tuesday, May 19, 2009

At the water table

Oh my - has it really been that long since I posted last? What is going on?

Well, it's nicer outside, and so there's a whole lot of this going on.

Digging, splashing, and general frolicking. I love it.
PJ is a big fan of water. I can't wait to get him in a pool this summer.


And could someone please tell me - what is the appeal of eating sand...twice? I mean, sure curiosity plays a role, and that first time is just an "Ooh, what's this?" thing.
But then the second time? I don't get it.

And how about the third, fourth, fifth and sixth times?
Poops turn into concrete after that many mouthfuls of sand. It's a scientific fact.
And you don't think we'd have splurged for the nice, clean white overpriced play sand sold in bags at the store, do you? Oh no! We just got a bucket full of landscaping sand from the local gardening and landscape supply store.
Mmmm. Eat up, boys.
Somehow growing up, my siblings and I survived mudpies and never washing our hands before lunch, though, so somehow I think they'll be okay.
Somehow. (Just one more for good measure. )
Plus, it's just so dang fun to watch them play together.

Scooping the sand right into the water and vice versa.
(Mommy is cringing on the inside just a little. Okay, a lot.)


But they're having so much fun.

I love "opening day" of the sand and water table! And the fact that the back of our house is in the shade in the afternoon.

I just hope the excitement about it lasts through the rest of the summer. I think we're going to be spending lots of time in the back yard!

No comments: